BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES OFFICIAL RULES
BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES
- This is a Letter only battle, which means NO CHARACTERS, either outside or inside your letters and your letters themselves CANNOT, be turning into a character.
- NO background, a border around you piece is not considered a background .
- Each crew will receive 9 cans; 4 silvers, 2 True Blues, 2 cans of the artist choice of color (1 color only) and 1 can (color will be determined by the color of the wall) to cut back with, this color can ONLY be used to cut back with, NOTHING ELSE.
- Only use the paint that is assigned to your crew, no outside paint.
- Artist MUST stay inside of assigned space given.
- Piece MUST be filled in silver and outlined in True Blue with color of artist choice to be used as a complementary color. Artists must meet the mandatory criteria of using a Silver fill and a True blue outline and may use their skills to be as creative as possible with the color of choice. The use of the color of choice is limited to the style of the crew’s letter structure and may be used to create effects as well as to enhance the piece.
- Artist MUST complete their piece in the 6 hours allocated to paint.
- The two artists that are assigned by each crew the day of the event are the only two artist allowed to participate in the battle.
- Pieces must either say crew’s name or initials.
All rules must be followed to avoid disqualification. Judges will be judging you in four categories; Originality(6 points),Style (5 points), technique (5 points) and
Use of Space (4 points), for a total of 20 points. Crew with the most points after all 3 judges points are added will be the winner. In case of a tie, the remaining crews will judge the tie pieces using the same 4 category, 20 point system. 5 members of each crew (including the 2 members painting) will be allowed in free to event, remaining crew members will pay assigned donation of $5. NO EXCEPTIONS, thank you and GOOD LUCK to you all.